There are many life circumstances that arise that may cause a homeowner to need available cash immediately. For many, selling their home or an unwanted home is the fastest way to come into quick cash. There may be times when a homeowner does not want to list their home the traditional way for whatever reasons they may have.
In this blog post I want to talk to you today about something that’s dear to my heart, because what happens in our business where we buy and sell homes, people reach out to us when difficult times happen in their lives.
You may be a person who is wondering how do I sell my house and is there a legitimate person or a legitimate company is it a legitimate way to sell my home?
Something difficult may be happening in your life. At Frank Jr buys houses, our goal is to help sellers figure out what’s best for them and their unique situation.
We love doing that because we are passionate about helping people. Because of our unique business model and flexibility, we don’t need to do business a certain way, we need to help customers do what’s best for them.
We are kind of a hybrid. We Buy Houses. We buy for cash; we’ve done that lots of times. Sometimes we will flip them sometimes we’ll hold them and keep them to rent, but we’re also licensed agents. I know a lot of people have these ideas about wanting to sell for cash and they might not want to deal with an agent. Well, sometimes it’s better to do that because it’s better to sell it retail through an agent int the traditional way if it is a benefit to the seller.
We like to offer both options. Whatever your reason to sell or which way you want to proceed, when you reach out to us there is no judgment.
A little back story: In my pastor days I’ve dealt with all kinds of situations that come up in people’s lives. We’re just here to help with the best outcome in whatever is going on. We keep all information very confidential.
When you contact us, we come out to visit. It takes us about 30 – 40 minutes to meet, talk through options and what we can do to help.
Here are some of the reasons that people reach out to us. These are some of the categories, it’s not all inclusive so if I don’t mention you, know that your particular situation is important, and we would love to talk with you.
1. JOB LOSS OR LOSS OF INCOME Things that happen especially in today’s world is job loss. Companies close or go out of business, industries change completely and for whatever reason, all of a sudden, a customer will say, “I lost my job and I have this home that I own I can’t afford to own anymore, so I need some help selling it and what’s the best way to do that?” We can help you do that.
2. FORECLOSURE Some people have not been able to make their mortgage payments. They get a letter from a mortgage institution or a lender saying you haven’t been paying and so we’re going to foreclose on your home. Now you are going in the foreclosure process, or a pre-foreclosure process and you need to figure out what does this mean and what do I do?
In this situation we’re able to help you figure out your next best steps. You are going into foreclosure, which you don’t want to have happen, and you definitely want to take action before it’s too late. You don’t want to give your hard-earned Equity back to the bank.
We can help you figure out the best way to handle that before foreclosure happens, and by the way, you can sell your home until the day they throw the hammer down and say it’s done, you can still sell your home.
3. CRITICAL ILLNESS Another very real unfortunate, and serious situation I have dealt with this a lot in my years as a pastor, is when somebody finds out they have cancer or there’s some severe illness that they’re dealing with, so they need to sell they need to move they need to maybe go into assisted living.
Different things take place in the lives of people. Our job in a very difficult time is to come alongside you and help you figure out in that moment, what are the best options because we know that when people are going through these illnesses, they can make decisions maybe that you know in retrospect you wouldn’t make. We are very careful with you walk you through it. We care a lot about than the real estate. The real estate is way down on the list, it’s the people we care about. So, you have an illness we’re happy to help you figure out what to do with your home during that time.
4. RELOCATION I literally had a gentleman contact us and say “I have to be in another state in two weeks, they give me no time, So, I want to leave, and I don’t want to fool with this house. I don’t want to worry about it. When I go, I want to be done. In this case, we were able to get his house purchased and closed in the two weeks so that he could move on.
5. INHERITED HOME Another situation that happens a lot where parents, I am a baby boomer, so many you know Baby Boomers and other people, or parents pass away, and the children or family members will inherit a home. They may be in the city that the home is located in another state, and they reach out and say, “I don’t want to deal with this at all, can you help me get rid of this house, can you buy it?”
We have literally walked people through that and then a lot of times they have to go through a probate process. So, we can lead you and guide you to the legal teams that we work with that can help you do that. We’re not lawyers but we have resources on our side that can help walk you through that so inheriting a house that you don’t want to deal with.
We’ll go and look at it we’ve been we get cleaned out for you, and if you want you literally can throw us the key so to speak and we’ll take care of it and handle it from there.
6. LANDLORD WANTS TO QUIT Another scenario we get, and I’m a landlord so I get this a lot. A lot of times we buy a home for investing in real estate and we think we want to be a landlord, and then once we’re a landlord we realize it’s not that easy, so landlords will reach out and say, “I’ve been a landlord and I don’t want to do this anymore, it’s too difficult for me and I would like for you to buy this home from me or would you know how can sell it?”
In all these situations we can help in the best way to benefit the seller because we’re a hybrid. Sometimes we’re the answer to buy it from you and sometimes we’re going to recommend, if you’ll allow us so you can get the most money, we’ll sell it for you. You pick and decide. We’re just going to give you options, we want to do what’s best for you.
One reason I got in this business, the main reason I got in this business is that I love helping people. I’ve been an entrepreneur working with my father since I was a kid.
He was an entrepreneur and so he taught me how to be a businessperson and then I entered into Ministry along the way and it’s always about the people. People matter and I have the opportunity to help, and so I love this business. I love because its people focused.
If I didn’t mention something that you’re dealing with, regardless of your situation we can help you as well.
We would be happy for you to reach out and connect.
There is no obligation, there is no high-pressure sale, we just have conversations.
If we are the best option great, if we’re not and sometimes we aren’t, we’ll help you find the option.