Headed to foreclosure?
In working with sellers who are headed to foreclosure with their homes, there have been several key learnings for me.
- They don’t need me to be judgmental, they need empathy and guidance. Candor with care.
- Many wait too late to deal with the issue hoping it will go away.
- There are usually options if the seller will deal in reality.
- If you are not the right answer to their situation, tell them quickly.
- They are vulnerable, check your motives to be sure it’s best for both client and investor.
- Layout the steps in the process clearly.
- Communicate often and clearly
These could be any situation but especially heightened in foreclosures.
There are more learnings but these hit my top of the list…